KrishiVigyan Kendra, Abusar-Jhunjhunu - Dedicated in the service of farming community
KVK – Jhunjhunu is an extension based agricultural institute established by the ICAR under the auspices of Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner on 30th March 1990 at Abusar village with the acquisition of 72.20 ha land. The district is situated in Transitional Plain of Inland Drainage Zone (IIa) of Rajasthan.
Map of Jhunjhunu District Showing KVK Location
Profile Structure of Jhunjhunu District
Jhunjhunu district is irregular hexagonal in shape situated between the 270’38’and 280’31’ N Latitudes and 750’2’ to 760’6’ E Longitudes. It is surrounded buChuru district in the north west side, Hissar and Mahendragarh district of Haryana in the north east, Sikar district in the south and south eastern part.
Administrative Set Up & Demographic Features
Agriculture Scenario : Year 2013-14
|Major Crops||Area (ha.)||Production (Tonnes)||Productivity (kg/ha)|
Live Stock Scenario : Animal Census - 2012
|Name of Animal||Total No.||Milk Production/Day Av. Yield (lit.)|
Major Thrust Areas
- Dissemination of dry land technology for rabi&kharif crops.
- Dissemination of concept of agro-forestry and soil conservation technologies.
- Introduction of Ber, Bael, pomegranate &Lehsua cultivation and management of orchards with special emphasis on after care of fruit plants.
- Balance feeding, breed improvement and scientific management of animals.
- Dissemination of animal based farming system concept.
- Reclamation of problematic soils and use of soil amendments particularly gypsum & green manuring of Dhencha.
- Upliftment of socio-economic status of down trodden classes through vocational trainings.
- Introduction of seed spices, medicinal plants in the district.
- To enhance the cropping area under organic farming.
- Empowerment of rural women.
On Farm Testing with Photographs
|S.N.||Crop/ Enterprise||Problem Identified||Purpose of OFT (Refinement/Assessment)||Technology Intervention|
|1||Wheat||Zinc deficiency in wheat||Assessment||RDF (NPK) + Basal application of 10 kg zinc sulphate/ha + 0.5% foliar spray of zinc sulphate at flowering stage|
|2||Buffaloes||Long inter-calving period in buffaloes||Assessment||75 gm/day mineral mixture, five Cu-Co tablets/day for ten days(50) &dewormer tablet-2 at 21 days interval|
|3||Goat||Low production & productivity of goat||Assessment||25 gm/day mineral mixture &dewormer tablet-4|
OFT : Zinc deficiency in wheat
OFT : Long inter-calving period in buffaloes Feeding mineral mixture to buffalo.
Mixing Mineral Mixture to Buffalo Feed
OFT : Low Production & Productivity of Goat, Feeding Mineral Mixture to Goats
Mixing Mineral Mixture to Goats Feed